Download the 2021 Growing Guide
How To View This Guide
There are many ways to reach success farming hemp. Regional differences are very nuanced, so we always recommend collaborating with the farmers around you and contacting your local Department of Agriculture for guidance. And remember that there is no ‘right way’ to grow hemp. It is important to conduct your own research and planning, make the best use of the equipment and resources you have, and follow your own real world experience. This guide is intended to raise common issues, share best practices and provide broad education. It is not intended to solve every problem, answer every question, or outline the only way to grow hemp.
2021 Tip Highlights
- Start with what you want to achieve and work backwards.
- With competition and options increasing, there has never been a more critical time to focus on top quality genetics. Sourcing your seeds and starts from a reputable partner is crucial.
- SOP’s just became more important.
- Determine your crop and labor plan before planting, and ensure you have resources in place to carry you through the end of the season;
- Identify your irrigation and nutrient plan, and monitor throughout the season.
- Make sure you have a plan in place for testing and compliance;
- Build trust and stay close with your buyers so you can sell your crop for a strong price at the end of the season.